- The current call offers 4 PhD positions
- Fellows will be supported for a period of 3 years
Candidates should fulfill the following eligibility criteria at the time of the call deadline. If one or more of the eligibility criteria are not fulfilled, the proposal will be declared ineligible and will be withdrawn from any further consideration:
- Candidates must have obtained a Medical Degree and the Spanish FSE (MIR - Medical Internship or residency) or an officially accredited as equivalent obtained in any EU country between 01/01/2014 and the contract starting date, which should be before 31/10/2018.
Only MDs (MIR) are eligible. FIR, BIR candidates will not be considered. For calculating the aforementioned term, the following periods will be excluded:
a) Maternity or paternity leave, according to the Social Security General Regime regulations. An extension of 1 year for each daughter/son will be applied.
b) Illness or serious accident leading to medical leave: if such leave lasted more than 3 months.
c) Care of dependents according to Law 39/2006, if such a care period lasted more than 3 months
- Candidates who have already been granted a similar PhD contract (such as “Río Hortega” Contracts) are not eligible.
- Candidates should have previous research experience and a strong commitment to scientific research..
- Candidates must have a solid knowledge of English.
In case of any doubt concerning the eligibility criteria and prior to the submission of the application, applicants should contact email@example.com
Training and benefits
The successful candidates will benefit from the Training Programmes available at the different institutions, including:
- International scientific environment.
- Advanced research training (training-through research, specific scientific and technology courses and a variety of seminars and conferences with international invited speakers).
- Career development activities.
- Cutting-edge core facilities.
- Student community activities.
- Competitive salary.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection will be based on the candidate's CV, reference letters and on the research interests. Complete applications will be reviewed within a few weeks after the deadline.
- Oral interviews: During the last week of April (23-27 April 2018), the pre-selected candidates will participate in panel interview process. The 4 top candidates in the final ranking list will be offered a PhD4MD contract.
- Notification of results to candidates: Notification of results to candidates: Offers will be made to the successful candidates shortly after the interview period, and no later than the 4 of May, 2018. Selected candidates will have two weeks to accept the position and should start their fellowships no later than 31 October 2018.
See also the Call Text